Saturday, 1 September 2012

My Alien-ish Writing

"ALIEN" that's what my family and friends calls me when they see my scrapbook-diary.  It's because I have invented 2 sets of alphabets that only I can understand.  And I've been writing in my scrapbook-diary using them since I was 12 years old.  Started the first time I read about the Egyptian hieroglyphics.  It was love at first sight.  So just for the sheer fun of it, I invented my own 2 sets of alphabets.

At first I was only using a set but when I realized that it was still pretty easy to decipher some words I invented another set and added symbols that represent a whole word for words I often use.  The symbols I invented was based on Chinese and English letters topped with my weird imagination.  Making it almost impossible to decipher (unless maybe if your a desperately bored stalker ).  Even my husband gave up trying.  Here are some pictures of the pages of my diary.
Year 1996 - about fun and games
Year 1997 - about School
Year 2001 - Mooncake Party
Year 2002 - Dating
Year 2009 - My Wedding
Obviously some symbols are pretty childish, but duh! what can you expect from a 12 yr old? binary codes?  I'm not even sure if this is what you call an orthography because I don't have any rules of spelling, punctuation or what have you.  These are all just plain and simple drawings that pops in my head one Sunday morning.  It felt pretty rewarding actually.  I'm still using it until today.  I can only read it more than half the speed but I can write it almost as fast as I can write ordinary English or Chinese letters/words for that matter.

So, do you have an alien writing? or are you into orthography? I'd love to here from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment